Image by: pexels
In today’s world, the electrification of appliances and transportation devices is happening quicker every day.
Cars, trucks, motorcycles, bikes, and more have all made the switch from being powered by fossil fuels to running on electricity. This switch has actually been playing out for some time, as the first electric vehicle in the United States emerged in Iowa in 1891.
And since that time, innovation has led to the same practices being done on different products
For instance, the scooter. Scooters were once a completely foot–propelled activity and powered solely by the force we exerted in every push. Now, however, they have been made entirely electric and able to run without any effort on the part of whoever is operating it.
That’s great for anyone with childhood memories of pushing a scooter up a long and tiring hill (like me).
But because electric scooters are so great, and they have come along way, the market has a lot to choose from.
With all these options, sometimes it can be hard to choose which one to go with. Worry no longer, because this will be your ultimate guide for choosing the right electric scooter for you with a list of great options to pick from.
But before we get into the list, here’s how they were chosen.
Reviews Can Say A Lot About Electric Scooters
Before we buy anything in life, we want to make sure that it works and will last us for our moneys worth.
And because of that, there’s no better place to look than reviews.
That’s why, for our list, we considered customer reviews first and foremost to guide us toward providing you with a reliable list that you can count on.
Because if the customers that have actually bought and used the products don’t seem to like it, well the chances are pretty good that you won’t either.
Of course, reviews are not all we looked at. A cheap product may just get good reviews because of how cheap it is. We still had to make sure that the quality is there, and safety features were up to standards so that you can be sure you’re as safe as possible and riding as nice of an electric scooter as you can get.
So, here’s our list of the best electric scooter.
- Efficient& Fast: with high-quality 4.0AH/36V battery and 250W high power motor, this electric scooter is capable of fast speed up to 14km/h and 8-12km（5-8 miles）cruising distance.
- Foldable and portable: Weighs only 18 LBS and easily folds in few seconds, convenient for storage and transport. Enjoy your electric scooter cruising.
- Safety journey: This electric scooter under high quality certificates battery, 6 Protection Functions and with fix and durable solid aluminum alloy frame, ensure you have a fun and safety journey when you with your family. 6 Protection Functions: Short-circuit protection, over-current protection, overcharge protection, over-discharge protection, low-voltage protection, and temperature anomaly protection, greatly enhancing the safety and durability of this scooter.
- Eco-Friendly & Healthy: Electric Scooter 100% Powered By Electricity Produces Zero Emission, Helping Save The Environment And Good For Healthy.
- This electric Scooter is perfect for riders who weigh less than 150 pounds and age 10+ teens. Of course the performance of scooter may varies by rider weight and road condition. Ideal for short-distance commuting, convenient and fast to reach your destination. Make it in Full charge before your riding.
To start the list, we have the MegaWheels Electric Scooter.
It may not be an ideal scooter for traveling long distances, but it’s still a nice electric scooter that will be useful for short trips around town.
Here are some other features with this option:
- Blue LEDs on the deck that light up each time you twist the throttle!
- Powered by a 100-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed-lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 8" (200 mm) air-filled front tire helps soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
This one is for the kids out there who are dying to get their hands on an electric scooter.
The Razor E100 Glow will be their new favorite toy, hands down.
It’s not only an extremely fun scooter that all kids seem to have a good time with (because I know I did when I was young), but it also lights up! No matter what – shoes, backpacks, etc. – if it lights up it immediately becomes a lot cooler for kids.
Here’s what else this electric scooter has to offer:
No products found.
No products found.
Alright, moving along down the list.
And we arrive at the Jetson Slate electric scooter that folds and comes equipped with various other features that are great for commuters.
It’s a little more expensive than the two listed already, but the features listed below will explain why:
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powered by a 250-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 15 mph (16 km/h) for adults and teens ages 13+
- LONG RANGE BATTERY: Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed-lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use letting you cover plenty of distance on a single charge in pursuit of fun. With a quick recharge time helping you find big-time thrills
- EXTRA FEATURES: Additional features include soft rubber grips with twist acceleration control for easy acceleration, hand-operated rear brake, and retractable kickstand
- DURABLE & LONG-LASTING: An all-steel frame and fork provide for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use and time with a max rider weight of 220 lbs. (100 kg)
- SAFETY & COMFORT: The Razor E325 has a super-sized deck and frame, length 26.2 inches (666 mm) and 8-inch (204 mm) width; The scooter is ready to roll and is perfect for meeting friends or just cruising around town; With larger 9-inch (229 mm) pneumatic front and rear tires support older riders while softening out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
For an upgrade from the Razor E100 above, which may be more suitable for kids, the Razor E325 is a little bit higher quality.
And it’s also made for older and bigger people.
So, if you’re an adult but still want the satisfaction of riding an electric scooter, this is certainly one that will allow you to do so.
Here’s the other features on this electric scooter:
- NEW 2020 MODEL - The 2020 edition of the GXL V2 is an improvement on our already top selling electric scooter. The 2020 V2 has an improved console, battery life, folding mechanism, and has passed stringent QC testing.
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE - Featuring a 36V 5.2aH Battery the GXL V2 travels up to 12.5 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Top Speed 15.5mph.
- IMPROVED MOTOR - The 250 Watt Motor provides high torque but mantains a low power consumption. The GXL V2 reaches a top speed of 15.5mph and can handle up to 220lbs.
- LOVE YOUR COMMUTE - Ride in comfort using the rubberized grips, easy to use hand-brake, and Shock absorbing 8.5" Air filled tires.
- PORTABLE FOLDING FRAME - The GXL V2 Frame folds down to 15"x44"x6" and locks for easy storage making it easy to store in a car, at school, or the office.
Here it is, the number one option.
It doesn’t get much better than the GOTRAX GXL electric scooter, solely because it has everything you need.
Strong and durable tires, a powerful battery for long travel distances and fast speeds, and a foldable design that makes it extremely easy to carry and store away.
You really don’t need anything more in an electric scooter.
But this quality comes with a cost, which makes it the most expensive item on this list. Check out the other features below:
Electric Scooters: A Buyer’s Guide
So, now that you know what electric scooters are out there, the question remains:
“What one is right for me?”
That’s easy… once you know what to look for. And there’s no need to go away from this post to find out what those things are, because we have a detailed buyer’s guide to help you figure out what electric scooter is the perfect one for you.
Here they are:
- Distance Traveled: How far do you need to travel with your electric scooter? The answer to this will be a crucial one for when you’re deciding on which electric scooter to buy. So, grab a map, a gps, or you phone and figure out how far you’re going to need to go. If you’re just having fun with the kids in your neighborhood, there’s no need to waste your money on a scooter that lasts that incredibly long. If, however, you are traveling to and from work or school, consider a longer lasting battery.
- Speed Required: Are you a late riser and need something powerful enough to get you where you need to be as quick as possible? Consider an electric scooter that goes over 10 mph and reaches up to 15 mph – which is about as fast as they get up to.
- Safety: Are you buying an electric scooter for a loved one that needs the extra protection to keep them safe from falls and trips? Make sure to get an electric scooter designed especially for kids because these will be less “street” made and safer.
Go Get An Electric Scooter
Well, you now know what scooters are on the market and you even have a few items listed to help you narrow down the list.
I think it’s time to go get your own.
Whether or not the products listed here pop out to you in any way, looking into these options will provide a good beginning to making your purchase.
Good luck with your search!
Last update on 2021-11-14 at 02:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API